Autore Topic: Nuovo CD dei New Swing Sextet, riuniti già da qualche mese per concerti  (Letto 4098 volte)

Offline Claude

New Swing Sextet
Back on the Streets 

Label:  Emusica / FANIA
Release Date: November 11, 2007

"Back On The Streets," how appropriately these gentlemen named the project that would re-introduce "New Swing Sextet" to this generation of Salseros! 

I feel privileged to present to our readers a bit of history about this amazing group of "seasoned" and extremely talented musicians, who previously had their fans and audiences "dancin' in the streets", approximately 28 years ago, before retiring from professional performances in 1979, for the first time! 

George Rodriguez and New Swing Sextet were pretty much done with performing and were basically leading "normal" lives with families, raising children and running their own businesses, when George received the call from a good friend pleading with him to help him out by playing at an event.  The reply was a polite, "thanks, but no thanks, we're not together anymore..."   

Fortunately, for us, this persistent friend continued to "work" the remainder of the band members who collectively agreed and before long the band was indeed performing at this particular event, from which opportunities, offers and invitations followed for additional work.  The rest as we say, is history.  The group reunited, and began performing again.

If you've ever been influenced by or simply been attracted to the magic of "vibes" such as in renditions by Lionel Hampton or Cal Tjader (who truly made an impression in my own discovery of Latin Jazz), then I guarantee that you're going to love "Back On the Streets"  and New Swing Sextet.

Listening to the tracks over and over I was reminded of the many times that we as parents tell our children to walk and not run, to stop, look and listen. Those lessons also contained inner lessons that taught me to  slow down, to stop and "smell the roses", enjoy life, grasp the beauty as it passes you by, don't miss a minute of it, because once it's gone, that's it! Time, the one thing we can never, ever get back.

Having learned to appreciate those lessons, I want to share that this is one album that you will most definitely NOT want to rush through. This one is one bad ass mother of a recording that hits the very core of the heart and what most Salsa aficionados will call "home."  Whether it's because it takes them back to the streets of NYC, or simply back to an era where although life was tough, it was simple too. 

It was a time where music was an integral part of growing up and music appreciation was taught right down the street on 110th. Where everyone knew everyone else and where you went to school with Tito, Johnny or Alfredo.  "Back On The Streets" isn't just a recording, this is a journey of cherished memories of happy yesterdays filled with friends, family, laughter and dancing. It's also a statement proclaiming "We're Back!"

This is the kind of music that goes directly to your heart and soul because it's played from that very place.   Can you feel it?  I can.   I'm there, front stage, starry eyed and open-mouthed in awe of being in the presence of such talented artists.   All I can do is swing my head to and fro, close my eyes and my body sways to the rhythm of clave.  Each track has it's own heartbeat.  What a wonderful way to express all that is good in life.

Those vibes lift me to yet another level of bliss, taking it slow, savoring each and every melodic stroke, noting added sensuality & quality that vibes brings to salsa, latin jazz or any other genre for that matter. That it is SALSA for me, is just an added plus.  Personally, the vibes touches yet another part of that inner musician that yearns in my own soul to come forth.

It is not only the beauty of music that fills me emotionally, but the beauty and the love that went into the creation of the music, that same love and passion resonate in every note played.  You'll hear it and you'll feel it.  "Back On The Streets" is truly an exceptional piece of work of which New Swing Sextet should feel immensely proud of.

Yes, I'm biased.  But the above comments come from the heart of this musician, who turned out to be a Lady Dj!  If it is true that "the Artist creates the music and the Dj delivers the message" then it is with an immense sense of pride and I so willingly accept the responsibility of getting this message to the masses!

I love this CD and I know without a shadow of a doubt that it's going to be very successful! 

Track titles include:

Buenas Noches Che Che
Bobo Eres Tu
El Ratón (one of my favorite tracks)
Sarandonga
El Balcón Aquel
The Monster
Amor Jibaro
Ay Cariño
El Bongo
Flight
El Tiroteo
Monta Mi Caballito

Be sure to listen closely to track 3 "El Ratón" which truly is one of my favorites, and which features George Rodriguez's own son "Alejandro" who contributes to this number with a bit of "rap" adding a unique quality to this already popular and renown piece of music.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

The album in it's entirety is superb and I highly recommend that everyone add it to their personal and/or professional music collection!

Bravo New Swing Sextet!!   Here's hoping that your second retirement is a long way off! 
Congratulations and welcome again to being.... "Back On The Streets".

Visit New Swing Sextet's page on MySpace, http://www.myspace.com/newswingsextet, where you can listen to 2 of the tracks featured on the upcoming new release; Buenas Noches Che Che & Bongo.  Remember to come back and visit their page for news on where to purchase the cd.

Latin Lady DJ Margarita

Picked from the newletter of Dj El Caobo from Chicago (no links available)

http://www.myspace.com/latinladydjmargarita

Offline chevere

• Administrator
    • LaSalsaVive.org
Re: Nuovo CD dei New Swing Sextet, riuniti già da qualche mese per concerti
« Risposta #1 il: Settembre 17, 2007, 08:14:41 pm »
Questa è proprio una bella notizia!  :afro:

Offline AlbertoG

• DJ
« Risposta #2 il: Settembre 18, 2007, 09:01:53 am »
i miei preferiti  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Offline dodicix

• Lista Titoli/Esecutori/Durate/Generi di musica Latina by dodicix (12x)
« Risposta #3 il: Settembre 18, 2007, 09:15:18 am »
GRANDISSIMI!!!!  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
 :afro:  :wink: :smiley6600:
Cerchi i Titoli, gli Esecutori o le durate di brani di Musica Latina, magari divisi per Genere?
Forse posso aiutarti; guarda qui:   http://dodicix.altervista.org/

Offline Luna y Sol

• "L'essenziale è invisibile agli occhi"
« Risposta #4 il: Settembre 18, 2007, 08:00:12 pm »
i miei preferiti  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Non so com'è...  :undecided: :rolleyes:
Non me ne ero accorta...
  :2funny: :azn:
`*:»§Kryss@**Club70**§«:*´®

Offline El Barrio dj

• Templari bolognesi della salsa
    • www.lamusicadelbarrio.com
« Risposta #5 il: Settembre 20, 2007, 02:22:40 am »
Mitici! Li ordino subito!! :smitten:
Ciao!

Offline Albylatin

• Templari bolognesi della salsa
« Risposta #6 il: Settembre 20, 2007, 09:11:36 pm »
c'è quel pezzo..... "MY FAVORITE THINGS.... che mi piace un sacchissimo......che classe

Offline fabietto salsalove

• DJ
    • My site
« Risposta #7 il: Ottobre 01, 2007, 10:32:08 am »

dopo Ray ecco un Gruppo che vedrei volentieri dal Vivo...

Yo estaba en un vacilón
yo estaba en un vacilón
fui a ver lo que sucedía
Cuando ya me divertía
y empezaba a vacilar
no se de dónde una voz vine a escuchar...

http://www.myspace.com/fabiettosalsalove

Offline Claude

« Risposta #8 il: Ottobre 01, 2007, 11:40:36 pm »
SE VOLETE I NEW SWING VEDO DI ADOPERARMI ...MA I COSTI SAREBBERO UN BEL PO' SUPERIORI RISPETTO A RAY...

Bè,

Se sono sempre un sestetto e nel frattempo non sono diventati un conjunto o un'orchestra, direi che sei persone non sono una gran cifra  :2funny:

Però magari inizia ad essere un lavoro per i Festival, che hanno piu mezzi in tal senso; e quindi si andrebbe in estate.

Io fretta non ne ho  :smitten:

Offline chevere

• Administrator
    • LaSalsaVive.org
« Risposta #9 il: Ottobre 02, 2007, 09:17:20 am »
SE VOLETE I NEW SWING VEDO DI ADOPERARMI ...MA I COSTI SAREBBERO UN BEL PO' SUPERIORI RISPETTO A RAY...

Bè,

Se sono sempre un sestetto e nel frattempo non sono diventati un conjunto o un'orchestra, direi che sei persone non sono una gran cifra  :2funny:

Però magari inizia ad essere un lavoro per i Festival, che hanno piu mezzi in tal senso; e quindi si andrebbe in estate.

Io fretta non ne ho  :smitten:

Infatti penso che solo un organizzazione come quella del Festival Latinoamericando di Milano potrebbe sostenere i costi di un concerto del genere.
Considerate che per sei persone ci sono almeno 10.000 Euro di costi solo per i voli, hotel, mangiare e service.
Senza contare il cachet per i musicisti che è a parte.
Purtroppo organizzare concerti non e' mai un grande business e trovare locali disposti a spendere simili cifre con la certezza o quasi di raccogliere
poche centinaia di appassionati non e' molto invitante.
Voi spendereste 4/5000 Euro per un data che nella migliore delle ipotesi vi fara' fare una patta?

Offline dodicix

« Risposta #10 il: Ottobre 02, 2007, 09:38:39 am »
Beh, ma non esiste che un'orchestra vada a fare una sola data!  :undecided: :shocked:
Quando si esce, si fa un Tour, in modo da diluire in più appuntamenti le spese "generali" tipo l'aereo dai Caraibi/America Latina/USA all'Europa, e poi si gira in modo organizzato, suonando almeno una volta ogni tre sere, per un minimo di un mese.  :afro:
Facendo così, e a questo ci pensano le Agenzie, e non certo i Fans...  :coolsmiley: un concerto lo si può avere a prezzi tipo dai 2'000 ai 5'000 euro!  :cheesy: :azn:
E 5'000 euro, sono 50 Euro a testa per 100 fans già d'accordo fra loro!  :afro:
Insomma, si può fare... a patto di inserirsi in un circuito di Concerti già in preaccordo con l'Agenzia che cura l'interesse dell'Orchestra.  :angel:
Cerchi i Titoli, gli Esecutori o le durate di brani di Musica Latina, magari divisi per Genere?

Offline chevere

• Administrator
    • LaSalsaVive.org
« Risposta #11 il: Ottobre 02, 2007, 09:51:08 am »
Quel che dici Dodicix è giusto ma....la matematica è una cosa la realtà un'altra.
Trovare locali disposti a spendere dai 2 ai 5000 Euro per un concerto non e' facile come tu possa credere.
Così come trovare cento fan's disposti a pagare 50 Euro per un concerto di salsa.
Altrimenti sai quanti concerti ci sarebbero?

Offline dodicix

« Risposta #12 il: Ottobre 02, 2007, 10:01:22 am »
Beh, Max, considera che mentre scrivevo, stavo pensando ai prezzi di molte Orchestre Cubane da 14-15 elementi, inserite in Tour nazionali da minimo 15 date.  :afro:
Ora... se i New Swing Sextet sono ancora in sei, e se non si considereranno sottopagati prendendo cifre pro-capite "adeguate" a gruppi Cubani di Timba... essendo meno della metà degli altri, dovrebbero prender anche circa metà cifra!  :smiley: :wink:
Quanto meno, una cosa in proporzione...  :rolleyes:
E forse, potrebbe diventare "appetibile".  :azn:

Considerate poi anche il fatto che per 15 persone ci vuole uno spazio "x", mentre per un Sestetto... sarà circa x/2 o x/3!  :smitten:
E i locali, magari potrebbero inserirsi in questi Tour che solitamente vengono preparati per Palchi esterni, d'Estate e in piazze.... e nei Festival. :azn:

Infine, sui 100 utenti a 50 Euro cadauno...  :kiss: hai organizzato un Evento con quante, mille, duemila persone presenti?  :afro: :cheesy: :azn:
Che ne venivano da almeno metà Italia...  :cheesy:
Pensi che la loro spesa, compreso vitto, alloggio, benzina, autostrade, vada tanto diversa come totale?  :coolsmiley:
Che fai, sottovaluti i tuoi stessi iscritti?  :rolleyes:
 :grin:  :cheesy:  :afro:  :2funny:  :wink:

Offline fabietto salsalove

• DJ
    • My site
« Risposta #13 il: Ottobre 02, 2007, 10:12:22 am »
max quanta gente c'era venerdi sera? 400 - 500?
Yo estaba en un vacilón
yo estaba en un vacilón
fui a ver lo que sucedía
Cuando ya me divertía
y empezaba a vacilar
no se de dónde una voz vine a escuchar...

http://www.myspace.com/fabiettosalsalove

Offline dodicix

« Risposta #14 il: Ottobre 02, 2007, 10:16:00 am »
Ah, vabbè, anche mezzo migliaio sono comunque più che sufficienti per auto-organizzarsi un concerto (inserito in un Tour).  :afro:
Se vuoi delle "garanzie", fai pre-pagare il biglietto d'ingresso ai Forumandi per via elettronica o convenzionale, in modo che se non raggiungi la cifra immaginabile, manco chiami l'Agenzia e poi restituisci il tutto a ciascun versante.  :azn:
Tanto, sappiamo ormai tutti dove trovarti...  :knuppel2: :tickedoff: se provi a scappare col malloppo!  :smiley6600:
 :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

(diventerà il Forum di.... LaSalsaMena!)  :knuppel2: :2funny: